Dr.Amjad Hossain is one of the leading orthopedic surgeons in Bangladesh. He is the chief consultant in the department of Ortho surgery in Labaid Hospital. He has pursued his career in the field of orthopedics. Throughout his life he has devoted his time by serving the orthopedic department of various institutions. Then he has started working on the treatment of osteoporosis for elderly population and devoted himself to establish arthroplasty surgery in Rheumatoid, Osteoporosis and Degenerative arthritis affecting and disabling patients. He had practiced specialized foreign fellowship in the field of Joint Replacement and had been trained extensively at various centers. Many of his articles were published in different journals. His sense of social responsibilities has inspired him to build Amena Baki Residential Model School, under AB Foundation, Chirirbandar in Dinajpur. His institution is working in the mission to serve the poorest communities. It is working for the development of education and health care facilities for the most disadvantaged part of our country. The performance of this school has already drawn the attention of the people of that region. He has dedicated all his thoughts to guide the underprivileged portion of our country.
• Has been trained in USA particularly with Prof. C.S Ranawat at Hospital for Special Surgery at New York who is the designer & also famous Hip & Knee surgeon of the world.
• Has also trained himself in Re-constructive Hand & Trauma Surgery.
• Lots of trainings on the update issues and experience exchange with the leading orthopedic fellows of many countries, especially USA, Germany, Singapore, Australia and India.
• In 1992 he had trained himself on Ilizarov Ring Fix Ator from Calcutta.
• He is the 1st Bangladeshi doctor who took the training on AO (Association of Osteo Synthesis) in Singapore and Germany in 1994 & 1995 respectively.
• He actively took part in the War of Liberation in 1971.
• Served the war injured and disabled freedom fighters as an honorary adviser to Bangladesh Freedom Fighter Welfare Trust. Being injured he remained beside the freedom fighter and treated them as an orthopedic surgeon.
• For the last 35 years he is treating the freedom fighters which are rarely seen in this world.
• Founder of Amena Baki Residential Model School, Chirirbandar in Dinajpur
• Founder of AB Foundation
• The foundation will be commencing a community library and adult education centre on the school campus at Chirirbander, Dinajpur.
• A B foundation will commence a clinic to provide healthcare service for mother and child care, HIV/AIDS prevention education.
• A planned 24 hour support centre for the poor and miserable freedom fighters to provide them with healthcare support.
• The ongoing road safety project is likely to be operational at a larger scale throughout the country to encourage awareness among the people to prevent accidents and make our roads safer.
• Future planned projects include micro credit among the poor people of the village.
• AAOS (American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons).
• SICOT (International Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology ).
• BJD (Bone and Joint Decade).
• Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society.
• British Trauma Society.
• AO Foundation.
• Rotarian Club of Dhaka Central.
1. Bangladesh Orthopedic Society.
2. Society of Surgeon of Bangladesh.
3. Bangladesh Rheumatology Society.
4. Indian Orthopedic Association.
5. Asia Pacific Orthopedic Association.
• Completed MS from National Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedic Rehabilitation, University of Dhaka in 1986.
• He completed his M.B.B.S 1978 from Dhaka Medical College.
Professor (Dr.) Amjad Hossain is one of the leading opinion molder in the field of Total Hip & Knee Arthroplasty in Bangladesh and is dedicating his life by helping the severely crippled patients and is presenting them an active and independent life. Throughout his life he struggle for the welfare of the people because he believes in the fact that “Life is movement, movement is life.”